Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do I or Do Wehave to do this ?

Mountain climbing is such enjoyable experience.

On a personnal note, I am doing it for health, for friendship and for the love of nature; and it is so with my friends, whom we do this together in Bukit Tabur for the last of many years.

When people asked do I/we organised trip up Bukit Tabur ?
We say no.

And they checked why do I/we start the trekkers ?
I just said, from the experience we went through while enjoying that place, we hope to document it as information so that other trekkers, who needs it, may find it useful.

Then they asked again Am I/are we selling any product or services related to trekking ?
The answer is no.

And when there are people who wants to go up asked me/us, can I go with you and your friends ?

I will said, well I have no problem, but please make sure you are fit because we are not professional to handle you should medical problem arises.

We are just hobby maker in trekking.

And so if they come trekking with us, it is alright for us, if they don't come trekking with us, it is also alright with us.

At our age, most of us are retiree and take health as utmost importance, and sharing friendship while enjoying the nature.

And so, the many times of trekking, in the same place, being with friends together for health and friendship and nature, we kind of take note whatever changes happened to the place and the people and the rock and the trees and so is the accidents and the location of it.

I am asking myself, why is it that when accidents happened in Bukit Tabur, why am I/are we so sensitive to this issue ?

I can frankly tell you personally that it related to our unique experience we went through while saving a trekker name Siaw Ching, when she fell off the cliff in October 2009.

Siaw Ching & I /us can laugh about our emergence during the " rescue " now when we looked back, but during the incident, she scared the day light out of me/us then.

We hope others ( parents, family and friends ) don't have to go through that kind of emotion that was really hellish & yarky.

There definately is a need for workable solution to have people trek safely and avoid accidents in Bukit Tabur.

2 comments:

johnnie lim said...

hi Agnes,
thanks for sharing your story. I guess this is the question each person has to ask themself. why indeed.?
some I suspect are doing because they are just blindly following the crowd. just because everyone else seems to be doing it. This is real sad , I have seen some of these so call hikers, so ill prepared. they came in their slippers, crocs and what not. I met one boy keep on sliding down the slope because it was raining.This happen for a few time and he don't even know what to do, finally i intervene and asked him to take off the slipper and walk bare foot.
this was in broga and when I saw the place was swarm with people plus the bad condition, I had to abort the hike. Then there was another case at tabur two hikers ran out of water and we had to offer them some water. Had it happen on a different hill where there is no people around I hate to think what will happen to them.

John Chin said...

i'll a hikker too.. can u invite me when next time u go hike? John Chin (facebook)
e-mail : johnchin1546@hotmail.com